In the modern day it’s easy to walk around and take a glance at other people’s lives and see how they live, as well as how people measure their success. A lot of people are on a quest for material success and like to measure their life upon how much they have and how much they’ve accumulated whether big or small.
Very few live for life’s greater experiences and quest to change the live’s of others by deeply listening to their needs and being present when needed.
When success is accumulated it isn’t uncommon for people to begin to compare themselves to others and forget about the essentials of treating others genuinely.
How we choose to define our happiness is subjective of course, but ultimately we all share some basic human desire’s and one of those desire’s is to be ultimately happy.
While there are people who wish to do things such as own a Ferrari 488 Spider, fly a private jet, land on Forbes magazine, travel to 20 countries, or eat at a five star restaurants on a frequent basis, but those dreams in itself won’t lead to sustained happiness. No matter how big and wonderful the things are that you want and desire, you still have to learn what purpose and meaning are in life in order to pave a successful road towards happiness.
Here is my list of principles for How To Become Happy For Absolutely No Reason:
- Live life with a mindset of abundance rather than a scarcity mindset. By transforming your mindset you take the first step to begin to transform your life around.
- Have a sense of buoyancy as if you’re floating yet in control of your life’s destiny. Picture yourself as being in control of what’s possible in your lifetime.
- Travel to a place outside of your home country and see how life compare’s to your regular place of residence. Seeing new places can expand your life’s experiences in a positive way and change your perception of the world.
- Develop a sense of liveliness, energy, and vitality. Add in some adaptogenic herbs along with a B-Complex vitamins into your daily routine and notice the difference in your energy and clarity. In addition eat more raw foods. If you start supplementing with adaptogens you can begin to bring your adrenal glands into a homeostatic balance.
- Have a Sense of Flow and Direction in Your Life. Open up about your feelings and emotions with other people and develop stronger bonds of trust with people in your circles of influence.
- Develop an abundance of love and compassion towards others and yourself.
- Develop a sense of strong body language and a sense of confidence. How you present yourself to others is a reflection of your inner development. If you begin to believe in yourself you will begin to notice a huge difference in the way you present yourself to the world.
- Have something that you’re absolutely passionate about. Find something that drives your motive that isn’t necessarily driven by specific rewards.
- Develop a schedule that allows adequate alone time for yourself as well as social time around others.
- Have something that gives you a true sense of purpose. Connect to a cause that is higher than yourself and pursue that. Serve other people through your community and give back to others.
- Develop a sense of gratitude for simple necessities in life and forgive the people that need to be forgiven.
- Develop a feeling of peace in your life. Meditation, spending time outdoors in beautiful nature, reading spiritual books, and doing yoga can each help with developing peace.
- Learn to be in the present moment. Often times we get caught up with being busy or we let technology take over our time rather than spending that time making eye contact with others and forming strong conversational bonds. Focus on the present moment and don’t let the chaos of the world over-stress you. Don’t get overly caught up with past experiences or focus too much on future endeavors. Simply enjoy the moment!
- Read some new books. By reading you put new information into your brain and as a result learn new ideas to take with you around the world.
- Eat a clean healthy diet that is full of fresh vibrant fruits and vegetables. Cut out processed foods from your daily food choices. Add in as much of a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables as you can in order to reap the benefits of the various phytochemicals and antioxidants.
- Eat more meals around other people rather than eating by yourself. For further information and studies on the psychological benefits of eating with others, check this book out.
- Make your #1 drink of choice water. As tasty as juices are they are full of extra sugar which can lead to unwanted weight gain in a similar fashion as soft drinks. Fruit juices lack fiber and they have extra calories. Soft drinks have a lot of sugar and no vitamins and minerals to add any benefits to your health. In regards to alcohol, I enjoy beer and vodka but nothing makes you feel better than drinking good quality water.
- Add tea as one of your beverage choices. Adding a cup of tea to your daily life can help you relax and soothe your stomach. Green tea is full of polyphenols and tannins which help bring medicinal properties to the table. Not to mention the catechins and antioxidants can help with protecting cells against free radical damage and inhibit plaque formation.
- Take 5-HTP or GABA and get your brain’s neurotransmitters into a state of balance. When you get your neurotransmitters into a state of balance it can also help with bringing your hormone’s into balance.
- Learn to control your emotions and live in a state of flourishing. It’s easy to fall victim to emotions and get into arguments over little small things or to get angry at others when we shouldn’t. To eliminate this try to do more deep breathing exercises and work on your self-control.
- Don’t let bad situations or negative people bring you down to their level. Surround yourself with like-minded people who share some common goals and values in life.
- Stay single rather than enter a toxic relationship with someone. You’re better off being patient for the right person in your life than to enter a toxic relationship. Find someone with good rapport and synergy. Studies show that being single can be better for your health and often times single people are in better physical shape without having to deal with responsibilities of a partner. With that said I think relationships are still a key part of living a healthy life, it’s just a matter of developing the right one’s.
- Fall in love with somebody and see how your whole state of mind changes as well as your life around you. Check out this interesting article here for further info.
- Develop a regular workout routine that fits around your fitness goals. Whether you wanna have a beach body, be fit, or become a bodybuilder hitting the gym is one of the greatest ways to improve mood and self-confidence.
- Don’t complain or blame others if your life goes bad or if you make the wrong choices. Tell yourself that you will improve and take full responsibility for your actions.
- Focus on uplifting others that surround you. Don’t emphasize putting others down, nobody likes it when someone says things intentionally to put other people down.
- Kick out old bad habits and create new positive one’s. If you have addictions or currently participate in activities that are causing harm in your life, first add new good habits into your day-to-day life and then work your way into replacing or eliminating the bad habits. You can begin to make changes by working with me.
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” -Aristotle
The truth behind happiness is that it is something that attracts and appeals to people across the world and it is not defined by any age, color, race, religion, or sex.
Happiness is the ultimate desire and arguably one of life’s greatest missions. This commonly shared goal is something that shockingly enough may even outweigh the importance of wealth, status, a good job, fame, and sex.
The lifestyle that we live ultimately defines our level of happiness and if you’re not experiencing happiness or if you feel high levels of depression or anxiety, chances are that you need to make drastic changes to your life in order to make way for happiness.
The better we develop our relationships and how we talk and influence other people, the more we start to live happier, feel healthier, and live within more peace.
Although some believe that happiness is defined by acquisitions many people often complain about gadgets and the large numbers of responsibility that accompanies having a lot of materials. But before you go around throwing away money in the garbage and selling everything you own, remember that money definitely has a place of value in society.
Money has a way of transforming the lives of others when it is used and applied in the correct way. Building a strong career, and finding a balanced social life for life’s thrills are essential pre-requisites for happiness. Without having access to money in the first place it’s hard to launch into the real world and make an initial stamp on the world.
To live the life of your dreams and become happy for absolutely no reason, you must work on self-development and focus on the good in life. Show that you care and give praise to others when needed. Also, remember happiness comes from within, not from outside where people often chase after things they believe will one day make them happy.
If you’re dependent on outside circumstances in order to become happy, you are just temporarily fixing your condition.
Shimoff, Marci. “Happy For No Reason: 7 Steps to Being Happy from The Inside Out.” New York, NY. Free Press, 2008. Print.