With all the allergies and various health ailments that people may be suffering from nowadays it is important to consider different alternatives. Being health conscious is a good characteristic to have if you wanna avoid the pitfalls of getting sick all the time.
If you’re letting your ill health get in the way of fun times, then it’s time to consider some healthy choices and substitute out some processed foods.
I’ll be honest I’m a real smoothie fanatic, so a lot of the fruits in my diet are derived from the smoothies I make every morning for breakfast and later meals. It’s a great way to reap the benefits of essential vitamins and minerals, not to mention a tasty method as well.
Making smoothies are an easy way to experiment with different supplements as well. Depending on what you feel is necessary to incorporate into your diet, their are plenty of natural supplements that can provide a pleasant boost to your daily routine.
I came up with this quick recipe which is pretty tasty and free of lactose, gluten, and soy. I also decided to incorporate coconut oil and flax seed oil as key supplements. Their are numerous benefits of coconut oil, some I can say include…
- Acts as natural sun-block
- Helps skin texture
- Promotes weight-loss (It is high in saturated fat which is generally bad when derived from animals, however since it is derived from a plant source, the body absorbs it differently.
- Helps boost metabolism
- Can help prevent bacterial infections and viruses (acts sort of like an antibiotic)
- High source of lauric acid, which can build energy levels
All the information provided above about coconut oil can be found through sources such as Coconutoil.com. My point is that it is great and versatile with a lot of positive benefits for anybody’s health.
Here’s some guidelines for putting together the Almond Flax Tropical Blend
- Add 1 cup of Purecoconut Milk (Can be original or vanilla flavor)
- Add 1 cup of Orange Juice
- Add 1 tablespoon of Flax Oil
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Include 2 tablespoons of Almond Butter (can be crunchy or creamy, providing protein boost)
- Use 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup of mango
- 1/2 cup of papaya
- 1 Fresh Banana
I think that whether you’re looking to become healthier or simply supplement your diet, this smoothie recipe can help boost health and overall vitality. I understand that not everyone has access to all ingredients and that you may have to leave out some parts of the recipe. I hope people can start to feel the great benefits of this nutritious blend!